Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:46:49 -0700
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Does your stovetop rattle?
Comments: To: Richard Duvernay <richard.duvernay@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

I guess the original question "Does your stovetop rattle?" is a rethorical one... ;) Or anyone has a T3 Westy kitchen that does not rattle if nothing is jammed in there to keep it quiet? The P.O. of my '82 Westy kept it quiet by putting the dometic and litchen stove manuals between the stove grate and dish pan. That's probably why we still have them. Must have been taken out and put back many times in the Westy's soon 30 year life, yet every page is still there. On the Brown '85 I use to put one of those spongy dish rags to quiet it. Worked well and keeps the rag near its place of use. Thanks for the foam pipe insulation tip. I'll try just using foam weather stripping to see if I can get the same quieting effect, but without having it visible form the outside. Martin --- On Sun, 3/21/10, Richard Duvernay <richard.duvernay@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote: > From: Richard Duvernay <richard.duvernay@SBCGLOBAL.NET> > Subject: Does your stovetop rattle? > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Received: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 5:44 PM > Hello Listserve Members- > > I thought I would share this with you all.  The rattling > of my stovetop drove me crazy to the point that I put a > large towel over the burner grates..then I came up with > this.  The foam pipe insulation cost all of $1.49 for a six > foot section at the hardware store.  It comes pre-split.  > One snip with sissors and it fits right over the front edge > of the stoptop lid.  Doesn't look half bad and I can drive > in peace.    > > http://picasaweb.google.com/RDUVEYAlbum/StovetopMod# > > > Rick > 90 Westy > Redding CA > __________________________________________________________________ Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr! http://www.flickr.com/gift/