Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:00:02 -0400
From:         Pascal Giasson <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure hose
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:41:28 -0400, Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> wrote:

>Hi Volks, > >Can anyone confirm or deny if this hose will fit on the oil pressure >switch on my 1.9L engine? I have a matching VDO gauge and sender from a >1985 Cabriolet and this extension would let me mount the sender away from >the block.

Greg,

I went to a hydrolic shop and had them make a custom hose for me. The size of the fitting that goes into the case is M10 X 1. They should have an adaptor that will allow you to go from the 1/8 npt to the M10 X 1.

I also bough this kit from egauge for my next setup, which will allow me to mount the senders up in the engine compartment and out from under the engine. http://www.egauges.com/vdo_indA.asp?PN=150-856 You still need the 1/8 NPT to M10 X 1 adaptor to make this kit work right. BTW some people just use the 1/8 npt right into the case without any problems (except it messes up the threads in the case)

Also, regarding the sendor you have form the Cabriolet, you will only want to use it for the pressure gauge. The "idot light" will give you a false reading if you use the Cabriolet sender for it because it is set to go off at .5 bars. All you need to do is use a "T" fitting and put the your original oil pressure "idiot light" sender in it along with the sender form the Cabriolet. Then hook up the gauge to the Cariolet sender, and your original "idiot light" wire to your original oil pressure sender.

Pascal '84Westy