Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:59:29 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: GoWesty 2.4 L Engine
Comments: To: VWBrain@aol.com

Hi Mark,

Well, going from one vanagon engine to another is something I did twice last year and since I don't work on them all that often it does stick out in my memory a bit.

Going from a 1.9 to a 2.1 I am pretty sure the throttle bodies have different connectors, the coolant sensors are located in different places, and I am pretty sure the AFMs aren't compatible. How it is that the Jetta engine parts worked OK on the digi-jet harness I don't know but that's cool no matter how you slice it.

I guess there are always different ways to solve these issues but since the original post was about keeping it easy to work on I think it kind of defeats the purpose to mix and match components. When a coolant line wears out and the mechanic who doesn't know vanagons orders a replacement part he's not gonna be too pleased with what winds up in his hands...

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts www.pottsfamily.ca www.pottsfamily.ca/busesofthecorn 1987 Wolfsburg Weekender hardtop Vanagon 1973 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato"