Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:24:02 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: worm type fuel line clamps
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net>

dear ken and list ... with all respect ... and consideration for those who have many more hours than i ....

i just did my own fuel lines with the GoWesty fuel line kit ... that package comes with the ear clamps ... i purchased the proper clamp pliers at foreign auto in Chico where i did the work ... interestingly enough while on my way back to canada the engine calfed and i had to get a replacement ... i asked the shop that did the R & R to please replace the fuel lines on the transplant as did not want a potential fire hazard as i had just replaced same ... he lectured me on the high quality job that his shop did ... told me that they only used the Ear Clamp and etc etc ... i told him i was glad to have been told that ... so i went and collected the transplant and dropped it off ... it had hose clamps on some connections just as i had on mine before i did repairs ...

when i returned to the van after R & R and found my fuel line installation had been placed on transplant .. i actually considered that a strong nod of approval from this shop ... the shop is Halseys in Portland

regarding the recalls on the fuel lines .. i have read the recall info contained on the electronic version of the Sun Microfish and the clamps are as Ken says ... a huge problem ... what i read suggested remedy would be the proper Ear Clamp installed properly ... with proper clamp pliers as GoWesty ships with the Kit ...

mechanics who have done many repairs for years ... right on ...good to hear your system has worked well ... proper tools ... working conditions and years of experience are impossible to replace and are priceless

i would though ... caution do it yourselfers that proper tools are hands down the only way to fly 15$ for a pair of proper ear clamp pliers ... maybe 5 $ for proper socket to tighten worm drive clamps ...

trusting your # 9 Lines mens pliers or a slot screw driver to tighten ... like they say on Pink Floyd The Wall IT Will Not Do

yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners