Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:01:47 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Solder cracked steel coolant pipe?

 Dave-that sounds better than just filling the crack. I'll have my friend drill the two holes you suggested and make a patch. That makes more sense . It needs to be good as this is above the gas tank- making tank removal nesscary again if it fails. I can't risk having it fail on a test run or after I sell it. My other idea was to cutr the pipe off aft of the tank, bring it to be welded, then reinstall with a section of rubber hose to couple them.   That way the tank doesn't need removing again.   If there was a Vanagon at my local yard I woul have got a used pipe already, maybe the plastic ones. But I have already had the Van 3 years and I have to sell it by May . I donb't have the time to add any more time to it- I stll have to change the pop-top canvas and seal etc.