Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:27:45 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant bottle is out of whack!
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>

I suspect the rear edge of your muffler heat shield may not be 'up'...up where it goes where 4 screws attach it to the body of the van.

either that or it's past there and higher than it should be. the right way is to install the muffler heatshield onto the engine, then install them both together in the van. If you tried to do it any other way that might be a facotr.

I've had the muffler heat shield hang up some as I mentioned in the first line. ....and make things weird. Look at it from below see if it's located properly where the 4 screws attach it to the van body.

----- Original Message ----- From: "TJ Hemrick" <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:37 PM Subject: Coolant bottle is out of whack!