Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:14:06 -0400
From:         TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Was: Coolant bottle is out of whack!-- Now SOLVED! Thanks to the
              list!!
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Mark, You get the highly coveted "The next cold one is on me" award. Only problem is we're probably over 1000 miles apart. In that case, you'll have to settle for a Hooters gift card since I don't think beer mails too well. Sure enough, I lowered the back of the motor, was able to snake the PO's crossbar out and compare it to the one that came out of mine. I'm not sure how the guy he bought the van from got the motor in their but it was in fact a Syncro motor, harness, and the aforementioned thermostat installed in a 2WD GL. The Syncro crossbar has much longer mounts that drop down so just like you mentioned, the motor sat much lower than normal. Once I put the proper bar on and raised it up to position, the top of the heat shield raised and rotated to a level position and the water bottle mounted just like Dieter and Gunter designed it too. I lost only a few hours but it definitely was less than trying to mod the factory job. Much thanks! Just for the record, the PO is a great guy and set me up with a really square deal with a bunch of extra hoses, pieces, harness, etc. so I'm totally sure he had no idea about this or intention to do me wrong. Just one of those things.

TJ