Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:38:22 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: HELP 84 westy misfires between 2800 & 3000 rpm's THANKS
Comments: To: Josie Lamb Williams <mayapplecreations@GMAIL.COM>

weak or dead spot in the Air Flow Meter - very likely. Have seen it a few times... one van in particular ...slight miss right at 3,100 to 3,300 rpm... was reluctant to diagnose bad AFM as it was $ 500 for a new one.

Ending up doing a ton of work to that van , so put on a new AFM ...and that was it. And.....driving that van, the way the power and gearing was, about 80 % of the time in normal driving the engine was right at that rpm... thus wearing one area in the AFM - where the sweeper arm contacts what it rubs on.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josie Lamb Williams" <mayapplecreations@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 7:34 AM Subject: HELP 84 westy misfires between 2800 & 3000 rpm's THANKS