Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:20:56 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Leaking Torque Converter Seal- Fixed
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>

Intermittent torque converter leaks are usually a sign of something else being wrong. Worn TC bushing, loose TC to flex plate bolts, or trans overheating. A much more common problem is the vents on top getting clogged. Check them.

Resist the temptation to make a cover for the housing openings. They are there for a reason-cooling. The TC has a turbine on the front to move air. That is how it was cooled especially in the air cooled days. Any heat not dissipated here goes to the radiator via the oil cooler.

Dennis