Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:46:59 +0100
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer.jupiter@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Van has to go - FREE!

Because of personal circumstances , very much in my control, the van now has to find a new home.

So for FREE (a four letter word) I offer a project van to anyone who will come pick it up. You will need a tow rig, you cannot make it go.

The details:

81 aircooled. Dark brown. Metal insert air ducts (like on an '80) Clear title. Has not been registered since 2000. Hasn't run in 8 or 9 years. Ran strong before that but would not pass smog. Transmission shot, has three speeds (maybe) 1st, 2nd, and reverse. Been sitting under an orange tree. Top needs total cleaning, probably a coat of marine paint. No dents, no rust, no bumpers. Front grill has a crack in it, but easily fixable. Windscreen has a crack in it. Has set of vinyl Passenger seats as well as very nice set of tan and striped Westy seats. Cushions need new foam. and cleaning. Original Ice box setup in crappy condition. Cabinets are brown. Almost new set of tan cabinets. Still has blue plastic on the stove. Propane tank. You will need the regulator and tubing to install the setup for the stove. Old tires. Original front light buckets! When you do the SA grill update, they are already there. All curtains and rear screen. I suspect needs cleaning but in good shape.

So here it is. Either a project. or a parts van. Or a parts bin for a hard top Westy conversion. It's 98% there.

If you look hard there is a lot of valuable parts in this offer. I just need it out of my life.

So it is... FREE!

Must be gone by next Saturday. And this is an all or none proposition.

tim in san jose

-- Where ever you are, there you be. Unless you're driving my van, in which case, you ain't got there yet.