Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Mar 2010 00:02:36 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Normal voltage of a battery at rest?
Comments: To: courtney hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>

Voltage is only a part of the equation. Can it maintain voltage while delivering current? A lot of current for the starter. For this you need a load tester. You can also have a good battery but bad connections/wiring in the van. What is the voltage at the starter while the engine is cranking?

At eight years that battery owes you nothing. I doubt it is "sealed". It probably is a low or no maintenance type but the top is somehow removable. At that age even if is not causing trouble it is time to replace it.

Dennis