Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:10:14 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: HIJACKED!!!!
Comments: To: Courtney Hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>

Baja del Sud is not one of the states on the State Department warning regarding travel in Mexico. Except for Michoacan they are all border states). Maybe it should be added? Maybe others as well?

And to think, we used to run all over Mexico, throwing up camp wherever was convenient. Always encountered really nice people. Used to take students down for field work regularly, too. Never thought a thing about crime beyond what I would have in the good old U.S. of A. For work, we usually but not always had a Mexican colleague with us. DMc

---- Courtney Hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA> wrote: > Pretty soon it'll look like Afghanistan with a Hummer up front and a gun > truck halfway down the line; Hummer on the end. Sounds too familiar. > Courtney > > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ > Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind, > and the ones who mind, don't matter. > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Rob M" <becida@COMCAST.NET> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:02 PM > Subject: Re: HIJACKED!!!! > > > At 3/28/2010 03:13 PM, Jeff wrote: > > > > > Same thing happened to friends on mine last year in Baja (two different > friends, two different episodes). Lost their trucks, ATVs, pretty much > everything. > > > > Convoys & daylight travel are starting to become a necessity. > > > > Jeff > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > When convoys are a necessary thing I'd have to wonder why I was there, is > that still 'fun'? > > > > Rob > > becida@comcast.net

-- David McNeely