Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Apr 2010 09:44:18 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Stereo Upgrade Project

I know iI have brought this up before, but have a few extra bucks this month and would like to get going on this stereo upgrade. In the interest of planning ahead, I would eventually like to have an aux battery to run laptop and incidental stuff. I would also like a jumpseat behind the driver. IMO, it makes sense to tackle the battery first to be able to incorporate the amp and stereo stuff and have them run off the aux battery. So a couple of questions:

If I have the aux battery under the driver's seat with ac outlet, will there still be room to mount the jumpseat behind the driver?

Can someone pmail me a good link to install the battery?

Plan on mounting the amp under the rear seat on pass side and intall subs under the bench. Any problems with this?

Could really use some suggestions(again) on component setup and equipment to purchase.

I curerntly have a Dual XDM-6820 receiver, but would like to purchase a new Blue-tooth and remote-controlled unit, so basically starting from scratch. I will also be pulling the interior panels to soundproof and will be able to run wiring at the same time. Not interested in pay-per-Satellite service, etc.

Since I plan on keeping this van for awhile, I am interested in really getting the stereo in shape so long trips are more pleasureable and camp-outs more entertaining.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated, but I need to focus on specifics. My budget for the stereo part may be only about $500-$700 and not sure what it will run me for the battery setup. BTW-No Costco membership.

Thanks in advance and Happy Easter!!! Michael in San Antonio 91GL AT 'Gringo' 73 Beetle