Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:54:18 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vacuum question.  Another continuing saga.
Comments: To: B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>

When the vacuum retard hose is disconnected the timing should advance and the engine speed should increase drastically. If warm, on the 1.9L engine this should cause the engine to start surging as the speed reaches the fuel cut off speed and drops down again. If this is not happening than the vacuum retard is connected to the wrong place or the diaphragm is shot.

Dennis