Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Apr 2010 22:36:52 -0700
From:         David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radiators ... Re: Radiator flush

> I have generally found that the price I pay a mechanic for a part is about the same as I > would pay if I bought it myself online.  Sometimes I can get it considerably cheaper.

My experience strongly diverges from yours. My last experience was to be charged $500 for a generic catalytic converter, I later found I could have gotten on eBay for $75. I usually find parts like spark plugs, filters, headlamps, fluids etc. are double or triple what I could get them for at Autozone. Most places will get the VW specific parts at a VW dealer and then mark them up.

-David