Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Apr 2010 06:19:23 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radiators/Parts Sources

"Most places will get the VW specific parts at a VW dealer and then mark them up."

That may be true where you live, at the shop or shops you've dealt with but it's not so here (salt lake city), in particular with Utah Imports. They rarely have to get parts from dealers for the vehicles they do maintenance work on. Almost all their parts are delivered to them by their parts supplier locally. They (parts supplier) get them in such large volume that I suppose they can afford to keep their prices down. I think UI does such a large volume of business that they also get very good pricing on their parts from dealers, whether VW, Audi, Subaru, Porsche, Saab, etc. (some of the vehicles I've seen in their shop.

I like using the vendors we have here online as much as possible but have found that doing a price check will save me a few bux when considering shipping, and time. When I know UI is going to be doing work on one of my vehicles (Vanagon/Passat), I'll call Allan at UI and check the prices he gets on the parts my work will need. They don't seem to care where I get my parts, from them or bring them in, they just record it on the work order/receipt.

bob