Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:34:44 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Hijacked travellers in Mexico - chapter 4
Comments: To: limbolist@egroups.com, SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com,
          ev_update@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com,
          vanagon@egroups.com, The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com,
          Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Folks, the next chapter in the Saga of the Hijacked travellers in Mexico.

-----Original Message----- From: jm vanderbyl <mjvanderbyl@hotmail.com> To: us <mjvanderbyl@hotmail.com> Subject: the nightmare continues..... Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:44:51 -0400

We took the bus to Monterrey yesterday early a.m. to get emergency passports. Got off the bus at the suburb where the cnsulate is --had a great breakfast at VIPS... took a taxi to consulate & said HERE WE ARE! They were very pleasant and said they were expecting us.. Only one page of the 10 pages of forms had got through to us so they said we might as well start over..When that was complete they informed us we could not get the passports for at least 1or 2 days and that they are normally only good for 3 days but in our case they would be good for 10 days...pretty hard to drive back to Canada in 3 days...When we said we would be lucky to be ready to leave Mexico in 10 days they said one of us would have to come back to Monterrey for the passports... At that Jack blew his stack at not knowing all this before hand and could they not DHL the passports to our hotel..They said they would have to get permission so Jack said to get permission right now so we know where we are at. 10 minutes later we had permission. Then the shocker ...they wanted $81.00 Can. per person for a passport that lasts 10 days..Having not enough pesos we could get the gov,t to send us a bill and we would pay later. That we will do.So the day we are sure we will leave we hone or email them and the passports should arrive next day.WE HOPE Got back at 7 pm NO PROBLEMS...The dogs were well looked after by Pablo ,the maintenace manage at the hotel who spoke good English. The people at the hotel look after us very well. Won,t be much happening next 4 days.. Easter Weekend. Dave and Joyce.s lawyer finally showed up at supper last night but speaks no English and did not bring an interpreter.. Michelle,s spanish is really improving. We are well. Michelle and Jack