Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:11:34 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: WBX Tranny into Air cooled. WBX Still Too Long.
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

if I'm following this right ... your problem is that you would like the hole for the single 10mm diameter bolt that goes through the front rubber trans mount to to have holes in the metal trans bracket that are moved over slightly.

- and the existing holes are too close to the new hole locations. Then I'd say weld a plate on the outside of the metal bracket, on both sides, and drill new holes. you can also fill in the old holes easily once that plate is in plate, by welding. .

Just need to find the right thickness of material, similar to the thickness of the bracket. If you had spare brackets, even cut one of those up ...though I don't like wasting vanagon parts like that.

that's what I'd do to 'move a hole over' . Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "neil n" <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 5:13 PM Subject: WBX Tranny into Air cooled. WBX Still Too Long.