Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:12:33 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: vanagon audio - there is a god, and he's a musician
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

I'll be whipping the panel off today, will take pics and measurements and send to you.

temp gauge problem is a bit puzzling, we get voltage (around 10, supplied from dash volt reg) at end of wire at temp sender but no gauge action even with swapping in known good gauge. Mark Drillock sent me a good over view and test procedure and also agrees agrees that it is possible to have voltage at end of wire but no function due to resistance along path. Next step is test at fuse panel to confirm panel to gauge wiring ok, then tracking down bad connection.

will report back on that too.

cheers

ab