Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Apr 2010 19:04:03 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: REAR AIR CONDITIONER
Comments: To: "Jerry Baker (Guido)" <jbvelo@bellsouth.net>

dear air in the rear

i too recently purchased an 1984 westie with air in the rear overhead storage area ... \ Step 1 i removed pump from the engine bay ... the drive belt has a tendency to slack and run on the 1 inch + coolant hose to the engine this can cause hose failure as it will eventually wear through with repeated touchings while running ...

step 2 once the spring actually comes (it snowed last night in the friggin pacific north west !!!!!) once spring actually comes i will remove air con system and commence to looking for an OEM door to to utilize the storage unit properly ...

step 3 ... advise you to do the same unless you live in a very hot area ... the troubles inherent in maintaining a 30 year old air con system are not worth the effort in my opinion ...

reminds me of the time the fellow form one of canada s most easterly provinces was on a game show

he and two other contestants were faced with the bonus question "If you were left in the desert, what most would you want with you?"

number 1 guy from a central province ofter referred to as lower canada says he would like a case of beer because he knows that the long lonely hours will be made more bearable with a case of beer

number 2 guy who is from the left coast says he would want enough water to ensure he would make it

number 3 ... the fellow from the very east of canada says he wants to haves with him a car door

the astonished moderator questioned him as to why he would want top lug a heavy car door through the desert ...

the answer was simple why when it gets to being to hot ... i justs rolls the window down for the breeze ....

buh dum p pah

yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners