Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:06:20 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: New fuel pump and filter - still noisy!
Comments: To: T Collins <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM>

Cool, on detemining for sure it's a crude-in-tank issue.

Just invert the van and empty the gas tank out the filler neck. Shake it vigoriously too ....that helps.

the only way I can think of to deal with it short of removing the tank is change the fuel filter a lot .. and run addtives. I might even buy a gallon of Chem-tool ....and run about a cupfull in each tank of fuel, and change the filter every 3 tanks ... if I was trying to get by without remvong the tank.

crude usually 'comes back' to get ya later if it's still in there of course.

--------------------------------------- no Fridae Fluff .......? what's up with that !

I suppose if yer not into Hawaii and Aloha energy and Kahiko Hula .. this won't register very much with many people.....AND ... right now the Merrie Monarch Festival is going on in Hilo, Big Ilsand, Hawaii.......and this 3 day event is 'the' olypmics of Hula. Tonight is the Kahiko competion... the normal 'tourist' type of hula to stringed instruments is called Auana style. Kahiko is the ancient style....originally only done by men ( kane ) . Kane Kahiko - just enter those words on utube for a sample of past winners of this cometiton ...I just entered 'merrie monarch 2009 Kahiko Kane winner' ...........It's asesome warrior/pagen like, 8 or so guys, in full authentic costume ( chants, costumes etc all must be authentic to prior to 1893 ...yeah EIGHTEN ninty-three . That's when King Kalukua ..the Merrie Monarch himself, the last hawaiin king .....called that since he liked to party so much, brought back Hula and other ancient tradtions in defiance of the christinan ministers that had banned it . Kahiko is done only to to chanting and rythimic gourd playing. Very pagen like. Fiece even. Yeah...fiece hula. It's a trip ! Killer stuff. ....if you're into it. Last night was the 'Miss Aloha' competion....just one wahine . The kahiko portion was so dynamic, so fiece, so warrior-like, so powerful ....and they yell practially ....loud powerful chants in Hawaiin langage, and they tell you the story in english sometiems too....the program does. Tonight, Friday , in Hilo, is the group Kahiko cometetion ...one for men, one for whaine ( women ) . Progbably 7 groups of each, or so. We're watching it on a large screen TV on live feed on via KFVE TV station in Hawaii. 'Aloha' by the way ...means things like 'we are all one.' Here's a great radio station too.. KKRC out of Hanalei, Kuaui ....need flashplayer 10 to get it ...and I can't get if throgh Mozilla Firebox browser, but i get it fine through Internet Exployer ............an excellent radio station. I have it on all the time.......any time they are braodcasting live, which is most of the time. And they're flippin' out right now on that radio station over the merrie monarch festival going on right now. Hawaiin energy and culture is a trip !

Aloha ! Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "T Collins" <tonycollin@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 8:23 AM Subject: Re: New fuel pump and filter - still noisy!