Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:56:11 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: 1987 Westy Fuel Line hoses inside diameters
Comments: To: Arkady Mirvis <arkadymirvis@GMAIL.COM>

Dear Arkady,

Since you are now in Morocco (?) you may find it easier to obtain hose locally than order from the US.

At 08:08 AM 4/10/2010, Arkady Mirvis wrote: >I am planning to replace all 19887 Westy fuel system hoses. Can >anyone inform me about exact inside diameters of hoses: > >1. Fuel tank - fuel filter

11 mm (I.D.) by 3.5 mm (wall thickness). VW p/n for 5m roll N 020 300 1.

>2. Fuel filter - fuel pump

11x3.5 same p/n

>3. Fuel pump - canister ( I have no idea what purpose it serves ) *

7x3 high-pressure hose (system works at 3 bar, pressure could rise to 7 bar or more if regulator malfunctions). VW p/n 5m roll N 020 281 1.

The canister is a big fuel filter. Some Vanagons have one, some the other, some (like yours) both. Supposedly it's permanent, but I think that's optimistic. p/n 1H0 201 511A.

>4. Canister - to fuel line **

7x3

>5. Fuel line - thru firewall fitting

8x1 plastic tubing, shouldn't need replacing as such. p/n for 5m N 020 130 2. Says also use 2 ea 191 201 316A 6x29 mm sleeve and some N 018 014 1 14x0.8 insulating hose (I think this last may be for inside the engine compartment).

The plastic firewall fitting is unsafe -- replace with a metal one or do without. Recent parts drawing shows a grommet and 7x3 hose to pass through firewall.

Return line to the tank is also 8x1 plastic tubing but different p/n. 5m roll is N 020 130 2. Also use 2 ea 191 201 316A sleeves.

>6. All other fuel system hoses in the engine compartment .

The hoses are all shown as N 903 397 02 (fuel hose, 56 cm long) shortened as necessary. Dimensions not stated but I believe list vendors use Conti 6 mm I.D fuel injection hose. The protective sleeving is 15x0.8, 5m p/n N 018 015 4.

Good luck, David