Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:57:14 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Peel and Seal
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Craig,

I agree entirely. But I am not sure just how much of panel you really need to cover to stop vibes.

I covered all of panel, 3 layers :)

be careful in doors not to have window mechanism impeded. Its tricky to get the stuff up in there.

Oh the stuff makes the panels dead as a door nail. Door closing, thumping etc. But I have to say, next time I will use less peel and stick, and add a layer of closed cell foam.

oh, btw I did front well, but not up under dash and front panel. in back I did floor, sides, and up that angled face under rear seat. i did not do over engine bay, I thought I could find a removable pad to go under rear foam.

alistair