Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:35:52 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: cheap diesel singlecab on samba..in calif

My own personal opinion, but I find 'collecting' a bit strange. I guess collecting things with not much practical value or every day usefulness..that is somewhat understandable, like stamps, or maybe some oddball china plates. Interesting hobby for some.. ..But when people start collecting useful things and cause the value to increase..which makes it impossible for normal people to continue to use the now -collectors item...irritating. One example is hand tools. I use them. But it's become un-economic to find old tools and buy them for use, second hand, because people 'collect them' now, and hang em on the frikken wall somewhere and go ...."Hey, lookit this cool old plane I found in an antique shop for only $500... Bah! So I have to go to Home Depot and buy a Chinese-made POS that will break in a few years, rather than one that has been in use (until it became a collectors item) through a couple of craftsman's life-times.. I don't think I'll ever probably 'collect' a Doka VW and restore it to showroom specs. just to put in my maple-floored garage .But if I could find a doka for a thousand bucks, I'd probably haul lumber with it....I'd rather have an 80s 350 Chevy truck as a hauler, though.. Just me, Don Hanson