Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Apr 2010 02:01:58 +0000
From:         Bill Shawley <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: New O2 Sensor now stuttering
Comments: To: kdlewis@northstate.net

Well I went back out the van started it up and reconnected the O2 sensor, it seemed to run OK so after I put my daughter to bed Charlie and I went for a ride. I may have felt hesitation once while leaving my driveway but after that it seemed ok, we drove down the highway about 10 miles and back. Is it possible I just didn't put enough oomph connecting the signal wire the first time? I got one of those black friday Craftsman multimeters but I think I may have destroyed it from some previous shenanigans. Sound reasonable to truck on as is knowing I might have to disconnect if troubles come back?

All that said I'm thinking I might wanna get one of your O2 LED meters Ken, of course I just got done running some wires to the engine and of course I didn't run any extra!

Ryan (who changed his name to Bill along time ago in Hotmail for poops and giggles) > From: kdlewis@northstate.net > To: easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM > Subject: Re: [VANAGON] New O2 Sensor now stuttering > Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:48:34 -0400 > > Bill, > Something got shorted. Time to break out the VOM and do some T/S. > Ken Lewis > http://neksiwel.20m.com/ > in statu viae > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Bill Shawley" <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 12:32 PM > Subject: [VANAGON] New O2 Sensor now stuttering > > > So I had this O2 sensor that I picked up a few years ago but never installed > since the old one didn't want to come out easily. It is one of the supposed > universal (Bosch) ones that you splice into the original wire harness. I > wanted to replace the sensor just so I basically knew the age of the sensor. > I had no real symptoms other than percieved poor gas mileage (never really > quantified since I wouldn't fill tank due to bad grommets, now repaired) and > and idle that I thought had maybe been better in previous years. > > > > I got the old sensor out and replaced it this morning, went to go to grocery > store and the van would just bog down, I pulled off and disconnected teh > sensor and viola things were hunky dory, just like before. > > > > Is it possible to get a new sensor that is bad? Could I have gotten the > wrong sensor (I threw box away so I don't even know number anymore), could a > sensor go bad just sitting in a basement? > > > > I am leaving for a 1200 mile trip in a few days, should I roll w/o sensor, > scramble and find a new sensor with harness, or get another universal? Am I > missing a clue for something else here? > > > > Ryan > > _________________________________________________________________ > The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with > Hotmail. > http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4 > > _________________________________________________________________ The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3