Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:16:08 +0300
From:         Janne Ruohomäki <janne.ruohomaki@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Busted water pump and an extra nut
Comments: To: Geo <ahwahneevw@gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Geo <ahwahneevw@gmail.com> wrote: > On 4/15/10, Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@gmail.com> wrote: >> Man, that's pretty sloppy work on someone's part.  I can sort of see it, >> since the pump cavity is so hard to look into when you change the pump >> but... > > Don't surgeons have to count the sponges before they stitch you up? > Guess that would be a good procedure for the nuts & bolts.

Wont work for me. I usually tend to have few "additional" nuts and bolts on the table after "operation".

But seriously I believe I have never lost a nut or bolt when working with my cars/van. More than half of that work has happened either on lawn or gravel/sand yard, where its very easy to loose parts, as I dont have garage. And I am most definitely not a professional and tend to loose half of my gloves and sun glasses in no time at all. And yes, I do count all springs, clips, nuts and bolts before I take anything apart.

Nowdays everyone has a digital camera, right ? It is the best in re-assembling helper technology I know of. Of course mine is also used by my girlfriend (yes I do have one!) so You can guess the comments I get because the camera is all greasy after being used by me. I always tell her its a good protection against moisture.