Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:37:38 -0400
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: It's Phinally Phriedae,
              and Drug prohibition created the drug lords. (

Amen to much of what Scott said. Here are a couple of things I think about on occasion:

If I'm driving on a very busy highway, I'd prefer that nobody be out of their mind on any kind of drug, alcohol, pot, whatever. However, if I were to be surrounded by people that were on something, I'd prefer it be marijuana. Think about it . . . alcohol tends to get rid of your inhibitions and make you think you can do things that you can't. People who drink think they can drive responsibly and they think they can control their vehicle even though their reactions are impaired. Pot smokers tend to get paranoid and drive more slowly, probably more carefully, but I don't know if this has ever been measured.

Marijuana isn't addictive, period.

There is as much tar in one joint as there is in 7 cigarettes. One pack-a-day of cigarettes, 3 joints . . . Yes, of course there's a lot of other nasty stuff in cigarettes, oh, and nicotine is VERY addictive.

Why aren't the taxes that I'm paying as a result of my cigarette habit going into a fund to pay for my increased health expenses that result from my smoking?

It seems to me that the laid-back, relaxed buzz associated with smoking pot sort of goes along with the "enjoy the journey, we'll get there eventually" mentality that I associate with owning and driving a Vanagon.

Consider all the potential uses of marijuana as a crop for things other than/in addition to its use for "medicinal"/recreational purposes...

Consider how much revenue would be generated if marijuana were a "controlled substance" like alcohol and tobacco...

I own my Westy pretty much for one reason only, to take me to music festivals and gigs, where I hang out and play banjo, guitar, kazoo, washboard, whatever strikes me. I bought my banjo strap on Ebay because it has this really cool leatherwork of a banjo with fretboard inlay that matches my banjo. It also has peace signs, doves, marijuana leaves, and the NORML logo on it. That was just bonus, I guess. I only smoke cigarettes, but I support not making criminals out of otherwise decent, law-abiding citizens. I have many people come up and tell me how cool my banjo strap is. I also have many people comment on how cool my Westy is.

If only we could eliminate the so-called drug "war" and let peace and music break out . . .

Have a great weekend, y'all! Marc