Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:49:23 -0500
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: subject Phrydae: Super-computer soon to use water-cooled
              system for heating occupants
Comments: To: Rowan Tipton <uther@DRAGONHOME.ORG>

The first A bombs, H bombs and ICBMs were designed by slide rule. So were most Mercedes and VW's. It's likely that the vanagon was designed with slide rules considering when the body was first manufactured & concepts were usually started 5 to 7 years earlier back then.

For those of you too young to remember or to care, slide rules are small hand held MECHANICAL calculators that were used mostly by Engineers. Without slide rules there would be no computers - they were designed with slide rules too. And BTW, we wrote things on paper back then too.

Tom