Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:19:48 +0100
From:         Arkady Mirvis <arkadymirvis@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: identification plate
Comments: To: Robert Fisher <garciasghostvw@GMAIL.COM>

I read on the list that Vanagon are great because the owner can fix it himself. I can't understand what is so great in that. Wouldn't it better to do the maintenance, not the repairs? Some may like to be under the Vanagon, its their choice. Mine is to troublefree, secure driving without very expensive repairs. I can't understand why a company building cars lasting 30 yers shall go under. That is an american wasteful mentality, forced on producers all over the world. Massive amount of materials and labor are wasted. The average age of cars in Sweden is 19 years. In Portugal, I, a motorcycle fanatic in the past, do often see BSA, Triumph, NSU, GILERA, Moto-Guzzi, Zundapp, Fichtel & Sachs, 250, 350, 383 ( police version ), 600, 750 cc BMWs, ....................Vespas. Very many in great shape, daily driven. And made in Germany right after the WW II cars: NSU, VETTA, Yanus........Three - wheeled Messerschmitts. And over 40 years old Citroen 2CV, Renault can be seen everywhere. Extremely reliable, economical and parts are readily available. Ark.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Fisher" <garciasghostvw@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:29 AM Subject: Re: identification plate