Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:02:59 -0400
From:         Karl Mullendore <tdiguru@WESTYVENTURES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Future propane changes planned. Prepare in advance?

I'm preparing another Westy to be my temporary camping rig while I build my Monster Syncro-16 highroof ( http://westyventures.com/Syncro16highroofcamper.html ) The plan is to move over my Vitrifrigo fridge, and install a Propex under the fridge. There is room, just need to be careful that the pipes will clear correctly underneath. I'll also add the 7-day programmable timer so I can demo this combination around the country as I begin to travel a bit once again. Battery usage: I ran mine on an analog timer to measure exact 'on' time over 24 hours, during mid-80's days with 60's nights, it ran exactly 1/3 of the time. I also connected an ammeter, it showed as high as 3.3 amps on startup, but would drop back as low as 2.3 during running. I therefore calculated 20-22 a/h usage per day. Since I still haven't found time to build a solar charge system, I rely totally on battery. In that regard, I installed a group 4D Interstate deep cycle under the back seat - 230 whopping a/h, pictures on my site. Not for everyone, but hey, I can go off-grid for up to 10 days without worry.

Karl www.westyventures.com