Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:35:31 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Water Cooler System Design Flaw Workaround?
Comments: To: Tobias Gogolin <usertogo@gmail.com>

dear work around thats what i always thought the vanagon cooling system required a pressure sensitive relief valve ... just like the hot water tank in my basement has ... same thing on top of hot water boiler for base board and radiator heated homes and buildings ... the waterboxer cooling system reminds me a great deal of the old cast iron radiator system /... each rad with a bleed valve and a shut off (read zone valve as the newer systems have )

when i was coming back this spring with my new to me 84 i would have full steam at the plastic tank and full freezing to the touch at the rad ... when high up in the mountains ... in the cab i had intermittent heat

replaced motor at halseys in portland and they bleed so that no further issues ... this weekend i put in first top up of antifreeze ... third tank of fuel since i got van and it is a daily driver ... so far no untoward heater issues yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners