Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Apr 2010 04:36:06 -0400
From:         John Lauterbach <jhlauterbach@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Old Volks Home Cluster Retrofit Question
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@gmail.com>

About 12 years ago. a couple of the list vendors had complete units for sale. They had km speedometers and odometers. I have 88,000+ km on the one in my '84 Vanagon

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 19:24 -0700, Old Volks Home wrote: > The housing, speedo head, Clock (analog and digital), Tach, foil, > LEDS, voltage stabilizer, etc., were are sold as separate pieces. VW > never offered the cluster as an assembled unit, at least as > shown/listed in the parts fiche of the day, even less info in ETKA. > When replacing at the dealer, they would put it together from the > separate components. A rather expensive process. > -- > Jim Thompson > 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" > 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" > 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" > 75 914 1.8 (No Name Yet) > Full Timing Since March 1999 > oldvolkshome@gmail.com > http://www.oldvolkshome.com > *********************************** > On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM, John Lauterbach > <jhlauterbach@bellsouth.net> wrote: > As I recall, replacements are all one unit. speedometer on one > side, > tachometer on the other. > > John > > > On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 13:56 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > This is my first post to the list so hello all. > > > > I have a 1984 GL Wasserboxer w/Speedo, w/Trip Odometer, > &w/Analog > > Clock, w/Coolant Temp gauge. > > > > The instructions from Old Volks Home state you can't use > your original > > speedo when upgrading to an instrument cluster from an > 86-91. Does > > anyone know why or if there is a work around? >