Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:33:29 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: cooling system diagnostic help? Long,
              lots of info about whats been done so far.

Don, the firstr thing I think of is the rear heater core leak. The coolant in it circulates from the cylinder head. If coolant leaks out, air gets in and that can cause engine overheating. Since you don't know the condition of the thermostat, I say it might not be  opening, hence the cool hoses up front.   Robert 1982 Westfalia 95 Golf engine