Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:02:07 +0100
From:         Arkady Mirvis <arkadymirvis@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      bunk of 3 batteries

Three 12 volts all new same brand batteries ( one under the pasenger sea, two others installewd under the rear seat ) are now in my Westy. Each is new and has 65 AH. Under the rear seat posts of both batteries were connected in parallel : positive posts interconnected and 4 AWG common cable attached to starter terminal. Now positive posts of all 3 batteries are connected to the starter. Very simple setup, no switches , relays, etc. I had before only one aux. battery under the rear seat. For 4 years it was connected to the alternator with 8 AWG cable with 30 Amp. fuse in line. That fuse once blown, I understood that the battery helped starting and this is why the fuse had blown. With 195 AH on board I am secure. I obviously must watch not to drain the batteries too deep. And that is easy. I never kept batteries for more than 3 years in New Jersey, USA. Portugal is warm and batteries shall last longer. Ark