Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:26:15 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Temperature compensated battery charger
Comments: To: "Mike \"Rocket J Squirrel\"" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

there are instructions on how to build a dc dc charger on the battery info doc i recently posted on my blog

http://shufti.wordpress.com

alistair

On 22-Apr-10, at 9:06 AM, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:

I had all the details of the DC > DC charger on the now-gone wiki. I'd need to open up the secret compartment on the van to see what I have. Its maximum charge current is limited to 15A, which is plenty for my use as a usually drive several hours at a time, so the charger always tops off the 130Ah deep charge battery. The newer version of that same charger has the 7.5A/15A switch removed and jumper wires on the board permanently setting it to the lower current setting. Unsure why.

It does not have temperature compensation. However, my solar charge controller does.