Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:22:20 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Storage/Testing Fuel Pumps
Comments: To: Roger VanTill <motelvw@GMAIL.COM>

I stored my spare with Marvel Mystery Oil in it, FWIW..

DM&FS

At 07:02 PM 4/29/2010, Roger VanTill wrote: >You could test one off the van with a couple of buckets and a 12 volt >source. I think the Bentley has a procedure for testing flow rate. Maybe >with a pressure gauge on the plugged outflow you could get that reading too. >I've heard that running kerosene through them and sealing them up in bags is >a good way to store them. > >On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Bill Shawley <easywind1975@hotmail.com>wrote: > > > So through one part purchase or another I inherited two fuel pumps of > > unknown condition, I carry them along in the event I think I may have an > > issue. Is there a way to test a pump off the van or otherwise judge its > > potential as a replacement. Secondly is there any special care > or attention > > to storing a fuel pump? > > > > > > > > Ryan > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > > Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your > > inbox. > > > > > http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1 > >