Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 2010 18:58:27 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Seat cover pattern making
Comments: To: Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>

Making??? Why would a person want to do such a thing? I own and Operate a Custom Upholstery shop and we do every sort of thing from Commercial, Aviation, Auto, RV, Industrial, Boats and Covers. You name it. www.fanchers.com If you happen to be sitting there in your underpants and have nothing better to do then search the Net. But. Make a set of curtains or simple slip covers or Pillows, Etc. Is fine using a standard home machine, BUT when you get into Seats, Carpet and such you need heavy equipment. Your Costs to buy into industrial equipment will out way any Money you could ever save. Not to say anything about your sanity. IF and when you plop yourself in front of a Commercial and or Industrial Machine that can Easily sew over your finger. Also ,you will do more damage to your home machine then what it is worth. If you want to install your own skins try Sewfine. The have the patterns and do a fair job. We install allot of skins from them since most of my customers do not want to pay custom prices for Custom 1 off type work. The cool thing with Sewfine is you can contact them and ship them the Fabric in a COM ( Customers Own Material ) They will build it up in your material and ship it out to you. Not much if any cheaper so do not expect it to be cheaper. You can install your own skins, and if you can not there is always a shop that will bail you out and charge you more then if you just let them do it in the 1st place. Again I WILL NOT discourage you to not have the feeling of doing it yourself. I have run into guys/gals that did a fine job. Of course time was no object and figured they would have done better by working a bit and having someone else do it. But that is up to you. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. I do not recommend dumping big coin into a bunch of Tools for 1 job. Also buying used equipment is sometimes just that Used equipement. BTW I do have a Industial Machine with Table/ Motor and stand for sale. Very Smooth and Fast Machine. Same as singer and Juki No Reverse but great machine. $600.00 Plus you ship or pickup. C-ya Jonce Good Luck