Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 2010 09:29:57 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: A threat on my life
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

At 08:13 AM 5/4/2010, John Rodgers wrote: >Has anyone gotten this? Or anything like it? Not funny!!

It's ba-a-a-a-c-k... Not funny for sure, but it's a hoax. Disregard it. If you're curious, check out some of these:

FBI Says To Ignore E-mail Death Threats -- FBI -- InformationWeek

Feb 26, 2008 ... The threat is a hoax, the FBI said. The agency received more than 100 complaints the last time the e-mail threat started showing up in ... www.informationweek.com/news/.../showArticle.jhtml?... - Cached - Similar

FBI warns users on death threat email scam

6 posts - Last post: Jun 23, 2009 Re: FBI warns users on death threat email scam. Withheld for legal reasons -- Friday, April 25, 2008, at 4:31 a.m.(pst) ... www.friendsinbusiness.com/board1/index.cgi/.../119501 - Cached - Similar

Death Threat Emails Resurface | WebProNews

Feb 27, 2008 ... I received the 'death threat' email. FYI. I received the above mentioned email so I clicked on your link to the 'CENTER' to report it BUT ... www.webpronews.com/.../02/.../death-threat-emails-resurface - Cached - Similar

Scam contract killer email blackmails recipients with death threat

Jan 11, 2007 ... Assassination email may put vulnerable internet users at risk. www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/.../deathphish.html - Cached - Similar

Email Death Threat: The Hitman Email Scam Makes a Comeback - The ...

If you receive a death threat email, you're in good company. The so-called "Hitman email" scam has made a comeback. Around since at least 2006, ... www.theinternetpatrol.com/email-death-threat-the-hitman-email-scam-makes-a-comeback/ -Cached - Similar

Death threats by email at What's All This Brouhaha?

May 5, 2007 ... I just received this death threat by email. I can't imagine that anyone would actually be willing to spend $650K to kill me. ... whats.all.this.brouhaha.com/.../death-threat-received-by-email/ - Cached - Similar

Email death threat spreads - CNET News

Sep 30, 2009 ... A death threat spam that frightened America Online members now has spread to Yahoo Mail. A CNET article by Beth Lipton Krigel, Staff Writer, ... news.cnet.com/2100-1023-213004.html - Cached - Similar

02/12/08, Public Safety Alert: "Death Threat" E-mail Scam ...

Feb 12, 2008 ... The Division of Public Safety is issuing a public safety alert after receiving numerous inquiries concerning a threatening e-mail that has ... www.upenn.edu/almanac/volumes/v54/n21/email.html - Cached - Similar

Death Threat Email Scams

Mar 12, 2010 ... April 16th, 2009 | Tags: cyber crime, cyber crime scams, Death Threat Email Scams, death threat scams, Email Scams, extortion scam, ... www.419legal.org/blog/category/death-threat-email-scams/ - Cached - Similar

Death Threat Email: Did you get one recently?

Mar 14, 2008 ... This scam would claim to have a contract out on your life and would demand a ransom to spare it.