Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 2010 11:27:59 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Power Steering
Comments: To: Jamie Fitterer <fittdog8848@HOTMAIL.COM>

starting at the engine ..........

PS pump with bolts to mount it to PS pump bracket on head . PS pump bracket and 3 bolts to hold it to the head. PS v-belt to drive pump PS reservoir PS reservoir bracket...some are welded to the body hose, PS pump to reservoir hose, high pressure, pump to metal line -gotta have the right vanagon hose, most have a pressure switch on them, not really needed though. hose, low pressure, pump to metal line - generic high temp oil hose Both metal lines, ...each is in two sections, so 4 pieces in all PS steering rack. Shaft ..that connects small 'V' steering box to PS rack, with clamp. smaller PS steering wheel if you prefer oh...and which spindles/uprights you use... You can keep non-PS ones, but the correct thing is PS ones.

I think that's it. I have some parts for sale, like lines. Good used PS racks are rare to me. and pumps.....if they are not ok, they either leak, or make noise .. or worse...I had one screw up somehow and blow out a very nice rebuilt PS rack.. so a little risk on used PS pumps. and of course, always flush flush flush old fluid out. Like when installing a new rebuilt rack....need to make sure all the metal bits and junk and old fluid are thoroughly flushed out before sending any fluid into the new rack.

Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie Fitterer" <fittdog8848@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:49 AM Subject: Re: Power Steering

I guess if someone has a list of what parts are needed that would be great. I will include pics. I am ultimately going to wait until my wheel and tire upgrade to see what I think of the steering then.

I would like to do it though?

Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:57:34 -0700 Subject: Re: Power Steering From: rogerwhitt1@gmail.com To: fittdog8848@hotmail.com CC: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com

love to see pics of this as you do it each stage of install and a comprehensive list of parts used