Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 May 2010 15:07:16 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Spring OR Trip Report/PICS
Comments: To: all listees <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

Hi all.

After a pricey night at an RV park off 90 in Snohomish, (first time ever), had a great time meeting up with some of the WW gang at Rufus OR, then Deschutes rec. area. What awesome weather at Deschutes! Great times too. Nice to meet Bob and Aggee (sp?) Went to Stone Henge for photo opp, and MaryHill Museum courtesy of Jim Arnott. I continued south after breaking camp at Deschutes. Saw Bob-in-a-kilt heading up 197. DId you know that was me Bob? ;) Managed to run over a tumble weed somewhere along the way. Funny thing; my gas gauge now reads correctly! Maybe it bumped the float loose? (was new installed by me). Seems pretty accurate now. Stayed a night at Trout Creek Rec. Area. Slightly challenging road getting in, but nice and quiet. Fishers were there already. Headed out early due to rain. Wasn't sure about road wash out, traction etc. Almost stayed "for free" (no pay envelopes) but of course I ponied up the $8. <grin> Had the craziest snow/sun at LaPine OR. Snow, sun, sleet, hail, sun. Glad I had my heater. (AC) It got down well below freezing. Ended up buying tire chains in LaPine. Kept hearing "snow this, snow that" on weather band. My Yoko 370's would have been barely adequate in **light** snow. (M&S rated). Visitor Information in Bend had access to highway webcams. Took 20, 126, 20. Wet but bare save for a small portion with barely a little hail on road. It snowed/hailed part of the time. Stupidly got on to 34 to Waldport, so hit Beachside ~ 8 PM. Nice to get back to warmer climes on coast. And sun! Met a nice couple, Ray and Amy, at Yaquina lighthouse. They were sporting a nice '87 panel Vanagon. Also from Vancouver B.C. Saw 2 Westys at Nehalam. Brown, and cream. Very nice looking rigs. Didn't get to say hi, so if you're on the list, and were in Loop A April 29, "Hi!".

Met some nice people along the way, and had over 2K km's trouble free save for the Dometic which would blow out under high wind conditions (camped).

A few pics of the WW gathering:

http://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/SpringTrip2010WW#

More trip pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/SpringTrip201002#

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines