Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 May 2010 20:15:28 -0400
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: The coninuing distributer saga - LOOONG
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

>> and personally ...I don't think 'all new rebuilt injectors' is what it is supposed to be always...like to me, chances of introducing a new problem with 'all new rebuilt injectors' are fairly high. I even think a good used injector is better than some rebuilt ones, sometimes. <<

Good topic and others have chimed in about rebuilt injectors. I replaced them because allot of people were questioning my old one, including the engine rebuilder, so I thought I'd take them out of the equation. Yes, one was bad out of the box. I will return it this week. I am NOT going to return my old injectors to get the core charge back. I am going to have them sent out to be cleaned as one person on this list recommended and keep them as spares.

>> also .....that distributor driveshaft .. they usually have two thin washers on the bottom of them ... if those get crooked or jammed or out of place pulling that shaft in and out .. you can get in trouble there.... <<

That is EXACTLY what Gary, the engine rebuilder, said. It pretty much tells me not to have them attempt this. The distributer only has to move a little more and this is only if I want to advance the timing more than the 3 deg BTDC than it is at now. I may just drill a small hole into the AC pedestal to allow it to move some more. Gary agrees with that one.

I'm going to drive the van to work on Monday and determine what I think. My drive to work involves lots of mountain climbing, straight-aways, lights, etc. It's a good test.

People who live on flat land must have great running vans hahhaaha

>> hope you are getting some great body work done ! <<

I pulled the luggage rack off today and fixed some small rust holes after removing the squirrel nests. I once again applied windshield sealer to the windshield gasket. Yeah, just short term I know, but I was supposed to have a new paint job and some new window seals right now. Wishful thinking.

>> also ...man ... with another Vanagon like yours nearby .....that's running right .. <<

Hahhha, another Vanagon, you kill me. I have not seen an 80 to 85 Vanagon around in probably 5 years or more now. I'm serious. I do see them all the time when I go to all the VW campouts. I should sneak around in the dark and get parts.

>> I think your air flow meter has been replaced or something ... <<

I had 3 and now I have 2. I just sold one last week. They were all exactly the same.

Thanks again for your help.

Bryan