Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 May 2010 10:50:39 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fri. Off topic.."Sent from my Dingleberry mobile device"..
              whatever
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Don,

You are experiencing what is commonly known as 'Dingleberry mobile device Envy'. It is quite contagious and curable only with the purchase of a Dmd. It's cheaper than a racecar and is just as relevant to most List discussions. ;-)

Seriously, there are valid reasons why that tag line is there. It serves as notice that the person is not at a regular computer and likely have limited capabilities (e.g. searching archives. Etc). Personally, I find knowing the service provider of the Dmd owner can save me money. For example, if we are both on Dingleberry Telephone and Telegraph (DT&T), I know my DT&T mobile-to-mobile wireless plan allows me to talk to that person until my phone battery is dead at no additional charges. Then there's that special texting option. The Blackberries popularized it. Then the iPhone emulated it with Ping. Dmd followed suit with 'Ding'. To text charges to Ding from Dmd-to- Dmd. How can you beat that?!

Anyway, the real reason that line is there for the majority f people is because they don't know how to remove or alter the line. Dmd manufacturers make it very difficult. One such manufacturer requires you to set-up a totally separate online account where you can then login and go through a comlicated process to opt out or change the signature line. I don't want to dangle my Dingleberry but buying Dingleberry and you will find