Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2010 17:32:33 -0400
From:         Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tire size questions
Comments: To: B Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net>

Metric tire sizes are such that in 195 r 14 the 195 is width in mm. The commonly listed aspect ratio, such as the 70 in 205/70 r 14, is the percentage of height that is the width of tire at max inflation pressure.

There, as always, manufacturer deviations from the standard.

195r14 Hankooks are fine tires. I used them until I upgraded to 16'' forged Mercedes CLK wheels and suitably sized tires, which are heavenly compared to anything you can wrap around those stock 14'' hoops.

2010/5/10, B Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net>: > I called Bus Depot to see if they have the Hankook RA08 tires in stock. The > ones on the website say 185R14. The rep told me they will be getting those > tomorrow but they do have the 195R14 in stock. I've perused a few tire > websites and am still confused as what those numbers are. I currently have > 205 70R 14's and was happy with them (except they are car tires). Is it just > that the 195's are a little wider than the 185's? Maybe I want them instead. > > > > Thanks, > Bryan >

-- Chris S. "No solution is too complex to be executed incorrectly"