Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2010 23:08:34 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Battery for Aux in my 84 Westy
Comments: To: Jamie Fitterer <fittdog8848@HOTMAIL.COM>

The best value choice for the use listed would be the standard starting battery installed under the driver's seat. ~65 A/H capacity and cheap to replace when needed. The life expectancy of the sealed AGM type batteries is not consistently to justify the cost. You should have an adequate charge line installed from the alternator and a stout relay. There are a lot of options for charge control and what accessories to wire to it.

Dennis