Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2010 23:34:51 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Good local mechanic worked on my 85
Comments: To: tom ring <taring@TARING.ORG>

Exhaust leaks close to and broken flanges on the engine are causes to stop driving. Cold air being able to rush back into the back of the exhaust valve can cause the valve to warp. Gas vapors escaping during a hard or no start followed by the flame front after starting can help start a fire. The heat of combustion hitting stuff without being directed out the tailpipe can also cause damage. Broken exhausts need to fixed.

Dennis