Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 May 2010 22:15:57 -0400
From:         Caroline Cote <cotc03@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: any words of wisdom for a virgin to the world of westy's?

Funny, I am in the same situation : Computer engineer looking for a Vanagon Westfalia, but I'm in Montreal! Just sold my Split Westfalia 66, sigh! I'm looking for a Vanagon Westfalia Full Camper 88 to 91. There is a lot of them in Quebec now - I found more on non VW related ad sites (like kijiji, auto123 and such)...

I've found several web sites that helped me create a checklist that I fill in when looking at a van for sale - I made it in a printable excel sheet (email me privately if you want a copy, I'm new to this mailing list and don't know if attachments get through) - it takes my husband and I about 1 hour to look around/inside/under a van and chat with the owner...

I am basing my inspection on those sites :

-I cut & paste most of this checklist : http://www.vanagon.com/info/articles/buying/bus-buyers-guide/index.htm

- I read carefully this extensive guide of things to look at : http://www.vwcamperguide.com/html/vw_t3_buyers_guide.html

- I often use the year / model description find here to figure which year a van really is from a brief ad : http://www.vanagon.com/info/years/index.htm

- I plan on doing the Senior Condelli's checklist with the selected van before buying : http://www.frankcondelli.com/inspect.htm

- and I look at TheSamba list of most useful threads whenever I need more info : http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151300

Hope this will help any newby to Vanagon like me found their dream van!

Caroline

--- Günther - VW Squareback 69 www.igloovert.com Montréal, Qc, Canada

_________________________________________________________________ Win a $10,000 shopping spree from Hotmail! Enter now. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729711