Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 May 2010 09:15:21 +0100
From:         Arkady Mirvis <arkadymirvis@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Antifreeze shelf life
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

This what I thought also, Dennis. Years ago I bought on the VW show in Connecticut 20 original VW Autobahn blue antifreeze gallon cans, $ 1 each, plus 50 bottles of Techron and 15 bottles of VW brake fluid. Ea. bottle was $.75. Most were taken to Portugal. A few days ago I looked at the stash and wondered about the shelf life. Coolant was changed every 2 years. I added Techron to Westy every thirs fill-up, warned by the TEXACO that the carbon will find its way into engine oil. I maintained changing Castrol 10-40 oil every 3,000 miles , as suggested by TEXACO. I understood the word "outdated ". New formulations will come out. And with them new "diseases" and side-effects, same as with medicines. Ark.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> To: "'Arkady Mirvis'" <arkadymirvis@gmail.com>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 4:18 AM Subject: RE: Antifreeze shelf life

It will probably become outdated long before it goes bad in the bottle. If it's good for 5 years and 100,000 miles in a cooling system it must be good forever in the original sealed container.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: Arkady Mirvis [mailto:arkadymirvis@gmail.com] Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 5:50 PM To: Dennis Haynes; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Antifreeze shelf life

Has anyone asked anyone a question: "What is that antifreeze shelf life?" Like the original blue color or pink color VW Autobahn antifreeze Ark