Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 May 2010 06:49:13 -0700
From:         Jay lefstein <jleftbrane@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheel Load Rating
Comments: To: Kevin Jordan <kevin.jordan@COX.NET>

I would just took off some audi 17"s from my van 2 months back ... they came of an A6 convertable. i have a full westy with a bostig conversion, go westy bumpers and a sub woofer and memory foam bed topper in the back... this to say added weight. I rode those wheels for 24,000 miles . often with many friends, gear, bicycles etc.. 3 out of the 4 got slightly warped. I think 2 of them were warped before i got them tho. is it safe to use them??? not as safe as steel, but no mags are... would i do it again ?? i think i wouldn't but only because i want a smooth ride and i don't want to waste money. the older i get and the more i drive these vans I am getting more utilitarian. i am caring less about dents, wheels, stereos, media systems etc. i really just want to get to the beautiful spots enjoy them get to the next with no trouble... and yes i am now rolling on 16" mercedes wheels , but only because i got them with good rubber for less then a cheap set of stock tires would have cost me.. i realize this in not hard factual #'s but i hope it helps a bit .J