Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 May 2010 20:56:45 +0000
From:         Marius Strom <marstrom@MICROSOFT.COM>
Subject:      Re: door chime/seat belt light anomaly
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

I'm also in the process of debugging some odd RH door behavior:

* Opening either front door does not make the RH dome light come on * No seat belt buzzer

I removed the LH door switch, and wire-brushed the heck out of it, and now the RH dome light comes on when LH door is open. Partial success.

I removed the RH door switch, and noted only one purple/white wire going to it (Bentley indicates there should be two wires: brown, and gray (I believe)). Wire brushed, and no change at all.

Still trying to figure out what that purple/white wire is, and where my brown and gray wires are.

Also, trying to figure out what the right way to pop open the female seat belt socket on driver's side, as I'd like to clean the switch in there to see if seat belt light comes back to life. Any suggestions?