Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 May 2010 23:21:51 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Scored brand new Behr AC but missing switches
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Rogers,

Like you I don't put an 's' at the end of the 'T'. Otherwise, some folks might misunderstand. BenT is not a TS, thank you.;-)

Although there is a strong posibility that the AC from your Westfalia is made by Behr (as other components such as the radiator), it is not the type of Behr AC that I am working with.

In the early days of Vanagonland, VW sent most T3's sans AC. In order to satisfy the needs of those who realized after their vehicle purchase that they prefer Canadian climate when they are enjoying the views of places like Death Valley (CA), VW dealers offered an add-on AC system. These system housed the evaporator/blower assembly with the space ordinarily occupied by the glovebox. Who needs a glovebox when it's too hot to wear gloves? Anyway, said system lends itself well as secondary evap systems for those who feel the AC equipment over the sleeping area is not enough. The system also works well for people like me who want to add AC to their Doka.

Thanks again for the offer. The only parts I would need from your AC would be switches. I can get said switches from a local T3 used parts place for very little to free. My hope was to find the correct switches so I would not have to adapt anything else. Unfortunately, it is beginning to look like that is my only recourse.

I do have a complete used Behr AC which I might have to pirate parts from. The downside is the vehicle that it resides in is 126 miles away from me.

BenTbutstr8

Sent from my mobile device